n. the frustration of being stuck in just one body, that inhabits only one place at a time, which is like standing in front of the departures screen at an airport, flickering over with strange place names like other people’s passwords, each representing one more thing you’ll never get to see before you die—and all because, as the arrow on the map helpfully points out, you are here.
I learnt a new word on tumblr today and it drives me crazy, because it is true. There are so many places i would love to be right now, but i am here and it is summer, but i am still here. There are people who left on the day the last paper ended – saw photos on instagram from people who are making the most of summer, traveling and partying it up. I’m not complaining (okay I am) but having said that, I am thankful to be able to travel to Boracay with the chums mid summer in June and to have been to many places with the family the past many years, I know I am fortunate and I should stop complaining. But if money was not an issue and if I could have my way, I would be:
1. Taking my family to the Joshua Tree National Park in Cali, because Joshua Trees are fascinating. And also, because my uncle is/was (? I don’t know which is more appropriate, death still baffles me. what tense do you use when talking about a person who once existed in flesh but still lives on in your memory) called Joshua and I know it would be pretty significant for us all.
2. I would go skydiving, just because.
3. Melbourne – to visit DXE, riel and abbs 🙂 Also because Bastille is going to Melb and Melb seems to have wonderful bands and artistes playing rather frequently.
4. Sydney for the Hillsongs Conference (and because I miss Hurricanes Ribs)
5. Africa because it is exotic and seeing the magnificent animals would be a breathtaking experience. It would be lovely to be able to be like an animal whisperer, I watched a video about it once. I would love to cuddle with a lion :’) Preferably without getting mauled.
6. Confirm the Korea trip simply because my sis has been wanting to go there for the longest time.
7. Visit Israel with my family and my grandmother. My granduncle who is a wonderful photographer and has been to Israel multiple times recently released a book on Israel compiling all his photos there. It is beautiful and Israel is definitely on my bucketlist because as cliche as it is, I really do want to walk the path that Jesus walked before and to see the Holy Land.
8. Paris – only because I am slightly bitter that I could not go for Paris Fashion Week last year even though Cass had front row tickets (!!!) simply because there was school. PFFT.
9. Somewhere, anywhere, to see the Northern Lights in all its glory and beauty.
10. Antartica/ Iceland – for husky sledding!!! Lovelovelove dogs 🙂
11. And as a bonus, not to travel overseas but to get a Sheltie of my own and a beautiful cat for my sister. (Maybe it would come with an upgrade of the house too?? To one with space for my new (and imaginary) dog to roam around)
If I had all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girllllllll~ (Gwen Stefani, 2004) LOL
Oh well, the list actually goes on… I think if I had time, it would be a never-ending list. But I am content – right now, I have my laptop so I can watch Game of Thrones!!! And I am completing Season 1 (I just found a new stream website and hopefully it will not stop half way mid episode like this afternoon) – it is only season 1 but my heart can’t really take it, all the scheming and manipulation, deaths (Ned Stark :””( Sorry for the spoilers, if any. But im so far behind, I think im not spoiling it for anyone) and the anticipation of what happens next. Can’t travel anywhere for awhile, but thank you technology, for taking me into the realm of King’s Landing and Winterfell :”)