(slightly late to the party but) Happy New Year!!! I haven’t had much time to write since the last post because post-Japan, lawiv rehearsals started and then over Christmas, my family went to BKK with two other families from church and after coming back, it was lawiv rehearsals in full swing again.
When I wished Eunice “Happy New Year!” and told her that it would be a very exciting year for her because she is getting married in June and her new home will be ready PLUS she will be getting a puppy (and maybe have a child too!?!??!?). Then she said “2016 will be a very exciting year for you too!” Honestly, the first thought that came to mind was that nah – it’s not like I’m going to be getting married or anything in 2016 and it probably won’t be a super exciting year, probably gonna be same old same old.
But I thought about her words and realised that it is true and that 2016, is indeed going to be a very exciting year – not in the get married have kids totally new season of life way, but in my own way, as a year 4 graduating from law school, it will definitely be an exciting year ahead. Have not really had much time to sit down and process things amidst all the rehearsals and things going on but here are some things that I am excited for this year:
- Lawiv!! For those who are not from nus, every year, the graduating batch will put up a musical for a selected beneficiary. And so this year, my batch is putting up a musical and proceeds go to Autism Resource Centre 🙂 Which I am really excited about because 2 of my really good friends work there!! I am so immensely thankful for the opportunity to be part of lawiv because missing out on rag in year 1 was always something that i kind of regretted so at least lawiv is a wonderful opportunity to be part of something meaningful and to make the last year in school count.
Dancing was never really my thang because my psycho motor skillz are pretty suspect but I have been having so much fun during rehearsals. I am so thankful for new friendships and the opportunity to get to know people who have been acquaintances the past 3 years of uni better 🙂 It’s about 5 more weeks till our opening night and I am very excited for people to come watch it. Over the past month, when friends asked me what it was about, I always said I don’t know because I didn’t but today during rehearsals, I finally got to watch the cast doing their thing and i really enjoyed it + i think the songs are great! So amazed by all the talent in this batch tbh – from writing the script, directing the musical, writing the songs and scores to choreographing the dance – it’s all covered by my very talented batchmates :”)
- IDT – I decided to go for IDT (Intentional Discipleship Training) and was prepared to do it alone but now, there are 7 of us from my CG doing it together and I am so excited 🙂 We have a bible reading plan too and it has been such a joy so far. Not related but on the same vein, I am very excited for BS to restart again this year!! I heard that we will be covering 1 Kings this year – confession time, I dont really know what it is about haha but I love all of Prof’s BS; always come out of it feeling so inspired and challenged :”)
- Graduating – this is the last year of uni and it’s kind of bittersweet. Honestly, I don’t know what lies ahead. I don’t know how many people read this but I’d like to think that it’s still a rather private space so I can be quite open. I still don’t have a TC yet (which basically translates into I don’t have a job yet). And so the future is quite unknown right now – but I’m surprisingly quite rested. Yes, whenever I hear that friends just secured TCs, I am very happy for them and then the panic comes next like oh dear, I better start sending out more applications/ sending out chaser emails etc. But other that than, I really believe that God will open and close the right doors 🙂 So we’ll see where I end up, whether it is the 2017 or 2018 batch, or whether it is a non-law career, I know that it can only be good 🙂
- Grad trip – booked tickets to New York before I left for Bangkok and I am honestly so psyched!! We will be going to NY, Vegas, LA and San Fran 🙂 will write more about it when our itinerary is up but I am v excited for grad trip 🙂 so glad that it is finally taking shape. Also, will be going up a few days before the rest of the convoy and am so excited to be able to meet up with Jess in NY after talking about it for so long!
- FRANZ – I’ve been most thankful for friendships new and old in 2015 and how God loves me through His people and hopefully I’ve been that same vessel for God to love people through too. And even though it’s only been 8 days into the new year, I have felt so loved by so many people – from Dee who took time to pray and wait with me yesterday before an interview, Shanny and Peks who both forwarded me updated TC slots, Jenny who blessed me with a 2016 planner :”), Jien who is back and traveled down to Bots just for a short lunch during my break and for all the people I have had the opportunity to meet in the past week :”) Lovelovlove ❤
Ok, this has been a very long and rambly post – I also have no idea how to paragraph it without messing up the numbers, sorry for the long walls of text! Back2school4law4tomorrow goodnight brb with bkk and japan updates soon hopefully! May the year ahead be lovely, friends! xo